Sunday, January 17, 2016

I Wonder!

What if we all knew how many days we had here on earth?  I wonder how we'd live differently?  Would we treat our loved ones differently?  Would we be less busy?  Would we take the time to pray for others?  Would we look at serving God as a privilege rather than a duty?  I wonder.

Life's journey can be tough.  So many prayer requests for others.  Not to mention the many I have for myself.  At times it's all so very overwhelming.  It causes me to wonder.... what if everyone loved and encouraged one another along the way?   What if letting go of all the striving for more, bigger, and better was replaced with striving to be all God calls us to be?   What if we let go of the striving to be better than others and replaced that striving with a desire to love and care for others?   What if God gave us our "end" date?  Would our hearts desire be to know Him better and would contentment become reality?  I wonder.

A prayer on my heart today is this .. Lord, "teach us to number our days so we may get a heart of wisdom."  Psalm 90:12.  All of "this" .... all the striving .... it's here today and gone tomorrow.  This journey is a stepping stone to our life to come.  Often I feel I waste so many days in striving for what isn't important.  As I pray for many hurting people and people pray for me, I see better that caring for one another in the Name of Jesus is all I should be striving for.


Oh, my heart often wonders, "what if?"  I suppose this too is a waste of time.  "All the days ordained for me were written in His book before one came to be."  Psalm 139:16.  Quite simply, "being still" and resting in His Grace is the only place I need to be today.  The steps on this journey are all "determined by Him" so all the wondering can cease. 

Oh Lord, teach me to number my days.  Help me see today as a stepping stone and give me a heart that is wise in living a life of service to You.

Truly, nothing else matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment