Friday, August 11, 2023

Fix Your Eyes

 👇A friend shared this verse this morning and it really got me thinking.


🤔Think about it - really think about - 


👉”The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away.” Psalm 90:10


🩷 Of course some have passed away much sooner but as I think on this and the undo stress and worry I put upon myself many days of my life I see here what a true waste of time that is.  I have one goal - one hope - Heaven!  My hope is not a “boy I hope I get to Heaven” kind of hope but the confident Hope I have because Jesus made the way for me to go to Heaven - by His death on the cross and His rising again.  There is a saying we’ve all heard, “to keep your eyes on the prize.”  To better state this though I’ll share what Hebrews 12:2 tells us:


🩷”Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Author and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”


‼️Now that right there deserves my attention and obedience.  Fix my eyes on Jesus.   


🩷 As Psalm 90:10 also rightly shares, “our life is but toil and trouble and they are soon gone.” Praise God.  Not because our lives are full of much toil and trouble (and many good things) but because they will soon be gone.  This life is a blip in the ocean compared to Eternity.  


🩷Let us fix our eyes on Jesus - let us walk in His truth - let us love the “brothers” (and sisters) - let us abide in Christ and He will abide with us.  


‼️Here today, gone tomorrow as it were - quite literally!


🩷I am reminded to not waste today on anything but serving Christ wherever that may be.  In my home - in my family - in my community and with my Words.  I am reminded to not waste my time worrying about things that in the end truly don’t matter.  Love matters most and in the words of John 3:16 we read the ultimate gift of love…..”For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have Eternal Life.”




No comments:

Post a Comment