Wednesday, September 28, 2016

In The Blink Of An Eye

Life is good.  All is well.  Then, boom, everything changes, in a blink of an eye.  Life no longer feels good.  All doesn't appear well.  Sadly, yes, this is life.

As I journey through this life, I can't help but see how all things change and often times, it surely doesn't change for the better...at least in our eyes.  Having experienced my own "in the blink of an eye" trial, I can attest to the fact that taking life for granted is not how we should live.  Saying this, I can also attest to the fact that many elderly people I care for will say to me, "it seems like just yesterday I was young and able and now look at me."  Surely, life flies by and along this journey we will experience many life changing moments.  Many good moments and many that are not, but one thing is sure, we will experience them and where we have our focus and trust is what will make all the difference in how we will get through it.

Jesus tells us our days are but a breath....(Psalm 144:4), however, it doesn't end there.  Yes, our days are numbered and they go by quickly, but Eternity awaits those who believe in Jesus as their Savior.

Psalm 90:12 teaches us to number our days "so teach us to number our days that we get a heart of wisdom."  Wisdom?  Wisdom for what?  God wants us to know what really matters.  God wants His children to live as His servants.  We are here to serve, as Jesus served us.  Our life isn't about stuff or what we can get.  No!!  Our life is about giving.  Our life is about sharing the message Jesus gives us to share so that ALL people can experience the BEST LIFE.  This life, as hard as it can be, can also be the best, when our focus is on the One who gives us all good things.  "Things," such as, PEACE - peace in knowing God loves me;  REST - true rest, as I fully trust in the One who loves me more than anyone;  TRUST - believing that all things are working together for my good because God promises me that;  ASSURANCE - the assurance of knowing Heaven is my Home because I believe Jesus is my Savior;  and best of all, He gives us His GRACE - His undeserved favor given to us.  It's free.  There is nothing we can do to earn that Grace.  Simply believe.  I know, I know, that sounds so easy, BUT it's true.  God's Word says it....."For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this
is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8.  God doesn't lie so you can trust this truth with your whole heart.

From here, we are Heaven bound.  That life is Eternal and that life promises that "He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  Revelation 21:4. That's truth, my friends.

Yes, life changes in the blink of an eye.  But, we too, will change in the blink of an eye.  One day, we will open our eyes and be with the One who loves us more than anything or anyone else.  The old order of things will be gone and Eternal Peace and Joy will be ours.

Believe it.  It is truth.  As I muddle through these days ...good and bad....I pray that my focus, our focus, would be on the One who deserves all the Glory.  And I pray, "Lord teach me to number my days and give me a heart of wisdom."  To God be all the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment