Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Covid19 Thoughts Continued

I think it’s 2 weeks now that we’ve been in lockdown 😳 or isoloation or whatever the heck you want to call it.  At first I couldn’t even believe this Covid-19 was really happening and our world literally was shutting down.  Now, 2 weeks later, I believe it but there are still days I can’t wrap my head around it all.  Today, being one of those days.

I find myself often looking up to the Heavens and asking God questions.  Questions like.....”Would you please give us ears to hear and eyes to see what it is you want us to “get” from this?”  I also find myself saying often, “Lord what are you saying to us?”

I have no doubt the Lord is speaking....not even a little doubt!   Why do I know this?  Because I know that the Lord is among us.  I know that He is control of the entire universe and nothing....no nothing...happens that He is not aware of.  God allows what God allows for HIS purposes and His plan.  And, as a child of God, I know ...yes I know...that His plan is always good.

You may be thinking, ‘how in the word could any of this be good?’  The only way ANY of this could be good is if it is drawing us closer to God.  Because as I have learned and continue to learn in my 60 years of life is that God is the only One who can satisfy our hurting souls....the only One who can satisfy our hurting world.

I, like the rest of you, don’t understand any of this.  Only God knows why.  As I sit here this morning, my heart is at peace because I know God holds me AND you all in the palms of His Hand.  I know He is calling us all to come to Him because He loves us.

Reflecting on these words from Zephaniah 3:17 this morning bring me peace and hope.  I pray, as I type, that they also bring you the same.

“The Lord your God is in your midst; A Mighty One who will save;  He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment